Connecting your .NU domain name to your Squarespace website can be done in just a few clicks.
Building your own website is very easy to do. Knowing how to code can give you a lot of flexibility, but website builders such as Squarespace are opening up new possibilities for people with big ideas but not a lot of technical skill. You can jump in and start easily building your own website yourself, making use of the free trials that many website builders offer, and see how exciting it is to watch your own ideas come to life!
The right .NU domain name for your site
When you’re ready to share your website with the world, you’ll want to make sure that your site’s domain name reflects your identity and resonates with your audience. Squarespace by default puts your site on a customizable “Built-in Domain” that looks like the very common yoursitename.squarespace.com.
Find an available .NU domain name and register it at nunames.nu:
Connect your .NU domain to Squarespace
- Login to your Squarespace account ;
- Select the website you want to connect to your .NU domain;
- Select Settings;
- Select Domains;
- Select Use a Domain I Own;
- Type in the domain that you would like to assign to your website;
- Under Connect this domain (Recommended), select Connect from provider;
- Select your domain provider (NuNames LTD or other) if it’s listed, or other;
- You will receive a message that says Connecting in progress [your-domain].nu is connecting to your site. Continue to set up your DNS records.
- Click OK
- Squarespace will now show you the DNS Settings for the domain. In a new tab or window, log in to your nunames.nu account to manage the DNS settings and follow steps 4-6 in Squarespaces’ step-by-step guide for updating the records. The DNS settings for your domain can be accessed under the Products->Domains tab in your customer area under the Custom DNS tab.
- Save the DNS settings of your domain in your nunames.nu customer area.
- On Squarespace, hit Refresh. It can take up to 72 hours for the information to process.
- Once the domain is linked, it will appear in the Domains panel with a Connected label.
- Select your .NU domain and select Make primary domain.
That’s it! If you would like us to configure the DNS for your domain for you, please do not hesitate to contact us in your support area or send us an email at email@example.com and be sure to include the DNS Settings provided by Squarespace.